gototopgototop


Home Programmes Social Defence Programmes
PDF Print
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

OPEN SHELTER

Open Shelter for Care and Protection of Children in Urban and Semi Urban Areas 

Open Shelter for Urban and Semi urban areas will cater to all children in need of care and protection like  beggars, street and working children, rag pickers, orphaned, deserted, trafficked children.  Particularly those without home and family ties, vulnerable to abuse and exploitation especially children of sex workers and children of pavement dwellers. 

 Objectives:-

  1. Provision of shelter, nutrition, healthcare, sanitation and hygiene, safe drinking water, education and recreational facilities and protection against abuse and exploitation.
  2. Enrolment in schools, vocational training, placement, health services, reducing drug & substance abuse and HIV/AIDS in street children.

           NGOs are supported to run 24 hours shelter for street children without homes and family ties. 90% of the cost of the project is provided by Government of India and remaining 10%  should be borne by the Organisation / Institution concerned. At present, 15 NGOs are running 24 Open Shelters in  8 Districts. An amount of Rs. 219.67 lakhs is released for 24 Open Shelters during 2012-13.

Open Shelters  sanctioned in the state

Sl No 

Name of the District 

Location of the open Shelter Homes 

Name of the Organization 

1

Bijapur District:

Bijapur Town

Aishwarya Mahila Samsthe

 

Bijapur Town

Vijayalakshmi Education and Social Welfare Society

2

Kolar District   

Kolar

Nandadeepa,

3

Bangalore Rural District:

Hoskote Town

Sparsha

 

 

Nelamangala Town

CURDS center for urban & rural development society

 

 

Devanahalli Town

Sarvodaya Service Society

4

Shimoga District

Shimoga Town

Surabhi Mahila Mandali

 

 

Bhadravathi Town

Siddeshwara Rural Development Society

5

Davangere District:

Davangere Town

Don Bosco Charitable Society

 

 

Davangere Town

Annapurna Association

 

 

Davangere Town

Panchalinga Education Society

 

 

Harihara Town

Gayathri Gramina Vidya Samsthe.

6

Haveri District

Haveri Town

Shree Shakthi Association

 

 

Ranebennur Town

SAHARA

 

 

Byadagi Town

Vinay Rural development society

7

Belgaum district

Belgaum Town

Shivalingeshwara education society

8

Bangalore Urban District

Byatarayanapura Division

Vidyaranya Shikshana and Abhivruddi Samsthe, Bangalore

 

 

Dasarahalli Division

Paraspara Trust, Bangalore

 

 

North Division

Sathi Samsthe, Bangalore

 

 

West Division

Bosco  Bangalore  ,

 

 

Mahadevapura Division

Vidyaranya Shikshana and Abhivruddi Samsthe Bangalore

 

 

Rajarajeshwari Division

Sparsha Trust, Bangalore

 

 

Bommanahalli and Anekal Town

Sneha Bharathi Education Samsthe, Bangalore

 

 

East Division

YMCA, Young Mens Christian Association, No.66, Infantry Road, Bangalore -01.

 

 

Helplines

 




Designed & Developed by FuGenX Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Website maintained by DWCD

HomeTendersSitemapContact UsLogin
View Stats