Top of page
Administrative set up
Programmes for Child Development
Programmes for Women Development
Social Defence Programmes
Acts and Documents
Acts & Rules
Karnataka information Commission
Acts and Documents
Acts & Rules
The Juvenile Justice Care and Protection of Children Act 2000
1. Short title, extent 1[commencement and application]
2.Definitions.—In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
3. Continuation of inquiry in respect of juvenile who has ceased to be a juvenile.
4. Juvenile Justice Board.
5. Procedure, etc., in relation to Board.
6. Powers of Juvenile Justice Board.
7A. Procedure to be followed when claim of juvenility is raised before any court.
7. Procedure to be followed by a Magistrate not empowered under the Act.
8. Observation homes.
9. Special homes
10. Apprehension of juvenile in conflict with law
11. Control of custodian over juvenile
12. Bail of juvenile.
13. Information to parent, guardian or probation officer.
14. Inquiry by Board regarding juvenile
15. Order that may be passed regarding juvenile
16. Order that may not be passed against juvenile.
17. Proceeding under Chapter VIII of the Code of Criminal Procedure not competent against juvenile
18. No joint proceeding of juvenile and person not a juvenile
19. Removal of disqualification attaching to conviction.
20. Special provision in respect of pending cases
21. Prohibition of publication of name, etc., of juvenile or child in need of care and protection involved in any proceeding under the Act
22. Provision in respect of escaped juvenile
23. Punishment for cruelty to juvenile or child
24. Employment of juvenile or child for begging
25. Penalty for giving intoxicating liquor or narcotic drug or psychotropic substance to juvenile or child
26. Exploitation of juvenile or child employee.
27. Special offences
28. Alternative punishment.
29. Child Welfare Committee
30. Procedure, etc., in relation to Committee
31. Powers of Committee
32. Production before Committee.
34. Children’s homes.
36. Social auditing.
37. Shelter homes.
40. Process of rehabilitation and social reintegration.
42. Foster care
44. After-care organisation
45. Linkages and co-ordination.
46. Attendance of parent or guardian of juvenile or child
47. Dispensing with attendance of juvenile or child
48. Committal to approved place of juvenile or child suffering from dangerous diseases and his future disposal.
49. Presumption and determination of age
50. Sending a juvenile or child outside jurisdiction
51. Reports to be treated as confidential
54. Procedure in inquiries, appeals and revision proceedings.
55. Power to amend orders
56. Power of competent authority to discharge and transfer juvenile or child
57. Transfer between children’s homes, under the Act, and juvenile homes of like nature in different parts of India
58. Transfer of juvenile or child of unsound mind or suffering from leprosy or addicted to drugs
59. Release and absence of juvenile or child on placement
60. Contribution by parents
62A. Constitution of Child Protection Unit responsible for implementation of the Act
62. Central, State, district and city advisory boards.
63. Special juvenile police unit
64. Juvenile in conflict with law undergoing sentence at commencement of this Act
65. Procedure in respect of bonds
66. Delegation of powers
67. Protection of action taken in good faith
68. Power to make rules
69. Repeal and savings.
70. Power to remove difficulties
1 - 73
List of Registered Child Care Institutions (under progress)
List of Registration withheld / Under processing / Rejected Child Care Institutions
Resource Directory(under Updation)
Useful web links
Results-Framework Document (RFD) for Department of Women and Child Development
Central Adoption Resource Authority
Integrated Child Development Services
Karnataka Mahila Abhivrudhi Yojane
Protection of Women from Domestic violence Act, 2005
Creches for children of working mothers
IPC and other Local & Special Laws Pertaining to Crimes Against Children
The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act
Structures and Mechanisms at the State and District Level for Protection of Children
Designed & Developed by
FuGenX Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Website maintained by DWCD